Sunday 1 January 2012

A new year, new runs and a new job

Happy New Year everyone.  It's new years day and Mr G and I were meant to being doing a 22 miler today.  Thankfully at about 11pm last night after lots of red wine and guinness (not in the same glass) we decided perhaps it wasn't such a good idea, so now we're looking forward to a relaxing day and a walk down by the beach with our nephew and his new skateboard.

We currently staying down in Dorset at a little holiday cottage called Bridge Cottage in a small village called Buckland Ripers.  A great spot to get down to the Jurassic Coast and do some running.  Over the last couple of days we've done some lovely runs around Portland starting off at Portland Bill.   I've so far managed to persuade Mr G to avoid running along Chesil Beach, can't face the thought of running along all that shingle even if it would be great training.  But after watching the video of the Sahara run (a stocking present) and seeing all the sand I'm not so keen on the idea.

After recovery and recuperation today we'll be starting our year of running with a 22 miler in the Dorset countryside tomorrow and then it's back home for a final weekend of running before I start my new job as Head of Parks and Open Spaces at the London Borough of Camden, and I get used to working and training again.  Hopefully I'll be able to find lots of nice urban runs across Camden and throughout the parks - perhaps doing my job on the run!  Watch this space to see how I get on with doing what 99% of us runners do, work and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment